Tuesday, February 15, 2011

CANADA .. still

So here I am, sitting in my little dorm/hostel room, sipping some champagne I got for my 21st bday (thank you pops-it's a good celebration) and enjoying my last day (finally) in Niagara Falls. Today, Patrick (the hostel owner) asked Courtney and I to stay another week-for free- to work on another project.

ACBB Hostel- our "home"

Our response- "we will think about it." If you know me at all, then you know that means NO. I am extremely compulsive when it comes to things I want, and Court tends to get a little upset because she likes to think about things. For me, I say "sure-why not?" In this case, it was a no. We have already skipped out on Montreal and Maine, so there is no need to stay here for another week. The heat is getting to me, and there is no way I can stand more than another night without air conditioning!

BUT our time here has been nice. We met some amazing people and have made some great friends. Two named Owen and Dan- they are traveling from Australia and have been our roomies/partners in crime for the past three days. Our first day here we went out on a jet boat and fooled around in the Niagara River- and it was absolutely beautiful!

it was like a pool was dumped onto you!

Once you get past the touristy Clifton Hill Street (aka cheesy Disneyland on steroids) then Niagara Falls has a lot to offer. From there we went to the quaint and classy town called "Niagra-on-the-river" aka Gilmore Girls Town. From there we checked out a few wineries and headed 'home'-to our hostel

ohhh Clifton Hill

Day 2 here included more wine tasting, a hike at Niagara Gorge, and coffee and pastries in the Gilmore Town with the boys. Day 3 we walked along the falls, took some nice photos, and took a trip onto Maid of the Mist- which is a boat that takes you out right under the falls! It was beautiful- and we looked super sexy in matching blue ponchos-- hahahah NAWT! After that we enjoyed some ice cream overlooking the falls

and drove our boys to the train station :( They are offto Toronto, and our goodbyes were not an easy one. That is the beauty of hostels- you are given the opportunity to meet such a diverse group of people with at least one thing in common-- traveling! We will miss those two, but we exchanged contact info and will stay in contact (thanks to the beauty of the internet!)

Fun Fact: Actually a sad fact- less than 10% of American's own a passport!

With the boyssss

Anywho, tomorrow we are off to NY! Wooohoooo finally I will have a phone that works (aka my iphone-aka my life!) The second we get over the border, I plan to buy some more mace (since the last one got taken,) and hit up cosco and target- boy how I miss those places. As for now ciao, hasta luego, adios!

No comments: