Sunday, November 16, 2008

Tapas and More!

  • Half of  us with all of our gourmet spanish food! :)

  • Court and I put our Sevilla aprons to use as everyone else had plastic aprons, they were so jealous! haha

Sorry it has taken me so long to post, my computer charger is broken! :( I'm using my roommates computer until I can get a new one, but I won't be able to upload pics until then sorry!

Last Thursday our program took us to a tapas cooking class. We learned all the tricks of the spanish trade and learned how to cook tapas. We made crab salad on a baguette, pork and green peppers on bread, potatoes fritas with homemade garlic mayo and red sauce, and a spanish omlette (potoatoes and egg). I have been very open minded to all foods while I have been abroad. Eventhough I do not eat seafood, I gave the crab a try, and I didn't think it was too bad! I have also tried squid, escargo, and all types of weird sausages, my dad would be so proud! After we were done making it about 15 of us had a nice family dinner, it was so much fun! Also last week I went on a field trip with my Spanish class to an old fresh market that used to a monk sanctuary. There we interviewed clerks and clients in ONLY Spanish, it was a lot of fun and good practice. but there was a downside. One of the butchers was chopping the skull of a baby cow right in front of me and I nearly had a panic attack and I had to run outside! It was so sad :( I am an animal lover and I can't stand to see that stuff! This weekend I spent a relaxing weekend home alone. It was weird, but nice to have some down time. Next weekend im off to Prague!! Until then take care!
xoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Yeah!!! Now you have no excuses for not cooking fab spanish cuisine for me!! Can't wait to try some.

mommacita said...

Hola mi nina! I am so proud of you that you tried the crab! You and Court look so adorable in your matching aprons. That was a great idea! I hope that you cook us the same meal when you come home! Miss you.
Besos,
Mommy