Sunday, November 16, 2008

Sevilla and Sunday Funday

  • Our boys :)

  • The beautiful Sunday Funday at the port.
  • La Inglesia inside the Cathedral.. like our church apparel?!
  • Using my photography skills in Sevilla.

  • The cathedral in Sevilla
  • The girls of the trip!
  • Inside the castle.. so pretty.

Hi all,

Last weekend my program took us all to Sevila, which is a small city south of Barcelna. We left on an overnight train Thursday night and got home Sunday morning. Sevilla is much smaller than Barcelona, but the people were much friendlier and warm. The streets were wide with cable cars and horse drawn carrides. It kind of had a Disneyland feel to it. The first day there our group took us on a tour of a castle, gardens, and the cathedral, it was all very beautiful. That night we had a buffet dinner and hung out at a local bar and the next day was a free day. My roommate Courtney, my guy friends and spent the day wandering. We had lunch overlooking the central river where the food was horrible but the atmosphere was beautiful. This is how bad the food was..we ordered a "pepper and onion salad" and were shocked to get a slab of tuna, absolutely NO lettuce and just peppers and onions, and we all know I highly dislike seafood (but I tried it). My guy friend ordered a seafood salad and received a plate of mayo and canned seafood that nearly made him throw up. As each plate came to our tables we would crack up, it was quite entertaining. After lunch we went to an International Trade Fair where they had booths selling goods from all over the world. There were so many neat little gadgets and I helped the boys pick out scarfs for their moms, so cute. We enjoyed some Coronitas and continued roaming. We watched the sunset over the river and Court and I got some apron souveniers, which are so cute! We took the overnight train home and got back to Barcelona Sunday morning. Court and I went to the Catherdral for mass which was an amazing experience. There were seven head men leading the service, all in their 70-80's. They sang beautiful music and all wore white robes. There was inscence that was thrown all over the bible and the audience. Since the service took place in Catalon, we didn't understand a word they were saying, but the atmosphere and the experience was all the worthwhile. After church we went to the port and enjoyed the beautiful day, had lunch at a cute little eatery and saw two movies! And yes they were in English, it was so exciting! We saw Vicky Christina Barcelona and High School Musical 3, which I love since I think Zac Efron is such a cutie.Vicky Christina was fun to watch because it was filmed in Barca and showed all the sights that I have been too, such as Park Guell and La Pedrera. Our Sunday was a productive success and our trip to Sevilla was perfect! I hope everyone had an amzing past weekend and I will write again soon.

With love,
ME xoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are doing so much... I am so PROUD of you!!!! I wish I went abroad... And how lucky you are to have your BFF with you.

mommacita said...

How funny that you got those lunches with the ordering that you did.....missed it!

burg86 said...

Kel, I loved reading about all your adventures. What a great trip! It sounds like you are learning and experiencing so many new and diffent things. It's fun to get a chance to live a little thru you. Have a great time and I can't wait to read more. Love ya, Christine