Saturday, December 20, 2008

the end

Adios,

As I sit here looking at my half packed luggage I am overwhelmed with emotion. Tears are running down my face as I reminisce my experiences. I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to experience this once in a life time opportunity. I have grown so much as a person and I have a new outlook and appreciation to life and those I love. I have met the most amazing people here and it hurts to say good bye. Most of them live in California, so for those it was not goodbye, but I will see you soon. The lessons I have learned and the independency I have experienced has a profound impact on me. There is an endless list of things I have learned and grown form. I have learned who my true friends are. I have learned to live solely on my own and cook my own food. I have learned to travel the world and make all my own plans. I have learned to be strong and make smart decisions. Barcelona is my new home and it is hard to say good bye. I'm leaving my home for the first time and I wont be coming back. I am thankful for the people I have met, the places I have been, and everything I have learned in between. Coming home will be hard for me, I am so excited to see everyone but I fear reverse culture shock. When I arrived to Barcelona I instantly fell in love and did not experience this culture shock. Barcelona is the most amazing place I have been and I hope that someday I will come back. My time here has flown by and its my time to return home with no regrets.
I will see you all soon. xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Smart girl... I am so proud of you. What an amazing experience. I really wish I would have done the same thing. Love you lots.
XOXO