Tuesday, October 28, 2008

My Parents Visit

  • In Sitges I decided to buy a purple wig.. and my mom and I posed with the sand masterpiece of Homer Simpson.. impressive huh!?
  • The beaches of Sitges.. too bad it was cold so we couldn't see any nudes! hhaha
  • Dadser and I at the top of Monterserrat, such a beautiful view!

  • The fab rissotto I made for my parents! :)

  • Mommacita and I in Costa Brava
  • Mexican Dinner

My parents left last Thursday and I miss them so much! We had so much fun and had time to go on three side trips and some sight seeing of Barca. The first night we planned our week and walked along Las Ramblas, where my dad got gropped by a Nigerian prostitute, and Lynn got real mad and threw the large buff lady off. It was quite interesting. We then went to a bar called Dow Jones where the drinks are sold as if it were the stock market.. prices go up and down according to the sales. It was so much fun! The next day was our first day in Barca, I let the rents sleep in of course and then spent the rest of the day touring. They got to see my  "flat" and experience the stairs of death, which they officially decided that a picture does not do it justice. Later we went to the Picasso museum, which was huge but very interesting because all of the rooms were separated according to the time period. He went through so many changes in his life and it was interesting to see how his art changed as well. That night (Sat) we went out to dinner to a mexican restaurant. They had a live marriachi band and authentic Mexican food! It was so so good, but of course not enough salsa for the spicy king Steve! haha. Sunday we went on a day trip to Costa Brava, which is an hour north of Barca. It is a gorgeous little beach town with hiking along the beach. We enjoyed lunch on the beach, hiking, and a little shopping. That night I invited them over and cooked them dinner. I made rissotto with sausage, chicken, and all types of veggies. They said they loved it.. but who knows! hah. That night I took them to my favorite little Sunday night bar with kareoke called George Paynes. We didn't sing, but my parents got to meet some other parents and meet some of my friends. The next day I got out of class at 12 and we were off to Mount Serrat, which is a monk town on top of a huge hill. We took a cable car up and walk around, it was gorgeous. This trip was filled of laughing and jokes and beautiful sight seeing. That night we went to popular restaurant near my parents apartment called La Fonda. The food was typical Catalon, which for the most part is not my favorite, but I got a spanish omelet and it was delicious. The next day we were off to Sitges, which is an hour south of Barca. It is a small little gay beach town with gorgeous beaches, swanky little shops, and stylish restaurants. We enjoyed the relaxing day walking around, shopping, and eating of course! Sitges was beautiful and I want to go back soon so I can go shopping! When we got back I took them to a really popular shot bar called Chupitos which is shots in Spanish. They light all their shots on fire and some have some that you take out of oranges. Every shot is like a show and a hit place for tourists. The next day was their last day :( we went to breakfast and we had to say our good byes. I had so much fun with them and now I am officially home sick. I miss them so much and want them to come back! Overall we had an amazing time and they lucked out because it is raining all this week! If anyone else wants to visit PLEASE DO! That's all for now. 
Love always,
ME
xoxo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, I am so jealous. I wish I could come visit you. It sounds like you three musketeers had a fab time. Miss you lots!!!!